This Web Site is Generously Hosted by
We Support Free Nonprofit Genealogy and History on the Internet
| Combs &c.
Bible Record of
John & Nancy Combs
Please Email Additions and/or Corrections to Webmaster
John & Nancy Combs Fleming (Neal) of Knox(?), Van Buren and Warren Counties, TN; and Llano Co., TX. Note: Unfortunately, it is not yet known how much of the following information is part of the original bible record, and how much added by researchers. Seeking copy of actual bible record.
Nancy, born November 25, 1797, Knox Co, Tn., died April 26, 1881, Llano, Tx., buried Babyland Cemetery, m#1 John FLEMING ca 1812, Blue Springs Cove, Warren Co, died ca 1860, Phiney Community, Van Buren Co, TN; m #2 William of Warren County, prenuptial agreement book C, page 90, Van Buren County [TN], signed May 29, 1861, signed by William NEAL and Nancy FLEMING.
"The following information was taken from the family Bible records copied 1928 by John Savage, James Randall and Arthur Louis Fleming, the Bible was in the possession of Martha Fleming Walling, youngest daughter of John Fleming, plus years of research in other areas."
"John FLEMING was born ca 1790 in North Carolina, died 1860, Piney Community, Van Buren county, TN, married Nancy Combs ca 1812, Blue Springs Cove, Warren County, she was born Nov 25, 1797, Knox County, Tn.,died April 26, 1881, Llano Co, Tx., she married #2 William NEAL,May 29, 1861… Children were:
(1) John FLEMING 1790-1860 [sic]
(2) William Logue FLEMING born Oct 2, 1816, married C. S. DILLWORTH.
(3) Charlotta FLEMING born Sept. 23, 1819, died after 1890, Bledsoe Co, Tn., married Dec. 30, 1835, Blue Springs Cove, Tn., , Warren County, buried Hitchcock Cemetery, Bledsoe Co, TN, married James HITCHCOCK born Mar 8, 1810, died 1897.
(4) Louisa FLEMING born Aug 23, 1822, died Apr 24, 1908, Childress Co, TX, m Larkin Bradford PASSONS
(5) Tabitha FLEMING born 4 Apr 1824, died Sept 5, 1825, Warren TN
(6) James Monroe FLEMING born Jul 11, 1826, died Oct 1886, Mason Co,TX, married Elizabeth GUTHERY
(7) Ozzie Denton FLEMING, born Feb 17, 1829, Warren Co, died Mar 23, 1903, Yorktown, DeWitt Co., TX, m #1 Cynthia RUSSELL m#2 Ruth GRISSOM
(8) Amanda B. FLEMING, born July 2, 1831, died July 29, 1916,Van Buren Co, Tx, [sic] bur McElroy Cemetery, married James W. PASSONS.
- John W. FLEMING, born April 11, 1835, died Aug 18, 1857, Robertson Co.,Tx
- Jane (twin) [FLEMING] born July 6, 1836, m #1 Mr. CREELEY, m #2 Denton RHODES
- Samuel Logan (twin) [FLEMING] born July 6, 1838, died Aug 13, 1918, Fly Gap, Tx.
Join Combs &c. in Support of USGenNet
— an IRS-approved nonprofit web-hosting service —
This site is hosted by USGenNet, a nonprofit web-hosting service solely supported by tax-deductible donations. If this website has provided you with useful information, please consider making a donation to USGenNet to help keep sites like this online.
NOTICE: The Combs-Coombs &c. Research Group is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and complies fully with USGenNet's Conditions of Use. This Combs &c. Research Report has been provided for the free use of those engaged in non-commercial genealogical research by the nonprofit Combs Research Group. Any and all commercial use is strictly prohibited. Researchers are encouraged to copy and distribute this work freely, but with the proviso that it may only be copied and circulated in its entirety -- including this notice, and all sources, bibliographies and credits; and excepting electronically in which case permission is freely granted to link to this site instead. Sincerely, The Combs &c Research Group, Email: Webmaster.
© 1996-2010 Combs-Coombs &c. Research Group