The Hammett Research Mailing List is a free service for on-line researchers. By subscribing to the Hammett Research List, Researchers will be able to post queries, records, analyses of records, etc.
The Hammett Research List Actively Encourages All Replies to go to the List, not Private Emails, and we also Actively Encourage Free Discussion about our Hammett-Associated Families -- whether In-Laws, Neighbors, Fellow Churchgoers, etc.
HAMMETT Research List Guidelines
HAMMETT Research List Subscriptions
You may SUBSCRIBE to our HAMMETT Research List in one of two ways:
|To SUBSCRIBE to HAMMETT Research in List (Mail) Mode (receive individual emails):
Address your email to:
To UNSUBSCRIBE from HAMMETT Research in List (Mail) Mode
|To SUBSCRIBE to HAMMETT Research in Digest Mode (daily digests of all emails posted)
Address your email to:
To UNSUBSCRIBE from HAMMETT Research in Digest Mode
|To CHANGE from HAMMETT-L (List or Mail Mode) to HAMMETT-D (Digest Mode) or the reverse, simply UNSUBSCRIBE from one Mode (List or Digest) and SUBSCRIBE to the other, following the same instructions as above.|
|To POST to the HAMMETT Research List:
Address your email to: HAMMETT-L@rootsweb.com
NOTE: Do NOT send your Posting to both HAMMETT-L and HAMMETT-D addresses. All HAMMETT-D (Digest) subscribers will Automatically Receive all HAMMETT-L Postings.
Return to Top of Page
|(1) We have Only One Rule for the HAMMETT Research List: BE NICE! Rudeness is intolerable - even amongst family members <g>
(2) Please do NOT include Surname/Locale Signature Files in your Postings to the HAMMETT Research List. Surname/Locale Signature Files will "Clog" the List Archives Search Engine when searching the upcoming HAMMETT Research List Archives.
(3) Please do NOT email File Attachments to the HAMMETT Research List.
(4) We ask that, when posting to the HAMMETT Research List, you Post Your Sources in addition to your Lines - even if your source is only "Another researcher said so." The main thrust of our project is to Document Our HAMMETT Lines, thus All Sources are Important.
(5) Please include a Given Name, Associated Surname and/or County/State in your Subject Heading to ensure that your posting doesn't "get lost."
(6) Please post all your HAMMETT Records to the HAMMETT Research List. Not only does this make them available to all HAMMETT Researchers, but it will place them in the upcoming HAMMETT Research List Archives.
(6) Do not be concerned about Duplicate Postings of Records to the HAMMETT Research List. Particularly since some of those postings turn out not to be 'exact duplicates' after all. <g>
(7) We ask that you Always "Reply to All" unless your reply is of a personal nature. Shared Research is the keyword, thus we all Share our Research via the HAMMETT Research List.
(8) An Extremely Important Aspect of our HAMMETT Research includes Associated Surnames - whether In-Laws, Neighbors, Fellow Churchgoers, etc. We Actively Encourage you to post the backgrounds &/or ancestry of your Associated Surnames since those are often the only 'clue' as to which HAMMETT Line may be yours. Too many of our HAMMETT Ancestors resided in Burnt Counties for us to ignore their In-Laws and Neighbors. Sometimes the Only "documentation" we have is that one of our HAMMETT families migrated with neighbors and/or in-laws.
(9) Re-Post Your Lines Regularly - Remember: We will be having New Subscribers every month. They won't know you're there if you don't Post!
(10) If you have any problems subscribing/unsubscribing, with digests, etc., please visit Rootsweb Surname Lists for additional assistance, and also to see what other surname lists are available.
Return to HAMMETT &c. INDEX
The Hammett Research Reports herein have been provided for the free use of those engaged in non-commercial genealogical research. Any and all commercial use is strictly prohibited. Researchers are encouraged to copy and distribute this work freely, but with the proviso that it may only be copied and circulated in its entirety -- including this notice, and all sources, bibliographies and credits; excepting electronically in which case permission is granted freely to Hot Link to this site instead. IMPORTANT! Permission to reprint copyrighted works such as The Hammett Families must still be secured from the authors. Email: Hammett Research List
© 1997-1999 Combs & Hammett Research Groups.