Dedicated to the Memory of Combs &c. founder Carole Hammett (1946-2009)
This Combs &c. Web Site is Generously Hosted by Click Here to Join USGenNet
We Support Free Nonprofit Genealogy and History on the Internet

How to submit Civil War Pension Records to our project

There are three ways to provide this information.

  1. Brief Abstract -- On the form below please indicate Claimants Name (may be a spouse); State of service; Company, Regiment &c.; Dates and Places noted on the record; and all information about family relationships.
  2. Full Abstract - See the “full” abstract of Thomas Jackson COMBS as a model for posting your information on the FORM below.
  3. Original Record - If you would like to submit copies of original records, as well, please contact Steve Gilley

FORM for Submission

Important: ALL fields must be filled in order for the form to submit. If no information is available for the requested field include a "NA" or something similar, otherwise the form will be rejected and you may lose the information you have entered and have to start over with a blank page.

Explanations of the fields to be filled

Name of Soldier/Claimant: Either soldier or relative including widow, minor, or other relative (mother, father, sister). The claimant name associated with the minor is generally the guardian (mother or other legal representative) and is followed by a blank, [Gdn], [et al], or [next-friend], an old legal term for a minor's representative. If the claimant is someone other than the soldier, please also indicte the soldiers name here.

Class: Identifies type of application. Types are Invalid (refers to soldier and changed to Soldier after 1900), Widow, Minor, Mother, Father, Sister and Contest Widow.

Application No & Certificate No: Application No & Certificate No are used to identify records when ordering Pension Files.

File Date: Date soldier or relative filed for the pension

State Filed From: Location from which application was filed. Not the state served.

Military Service: This would indicate regiment and company in which the soldier served (include state served here). A soldier may have served in more than one unit.

Submit CIVIL WAR Pension Information
Submit Your Information Here:
Name of Soldier/Claimant:
Application No:
Certificate No:
File Date:
State Filed From:
Military Service:

Additional Information that may be helpful:

Your Full Name:
Your Email Address:

Thank you. Your Information will be added as soon as possible.

Join Combs &c. in Support of USGenNet
— an IRS-approved nonprofit web-hosting service —

Combs &c. Research FamiliesCombs Research Group Proud Patron of USGenNetJoin USGenNet

This site is hosted by USGenNet, a nonprofit web-hosting service solely supported by tax-deductible donations. If this website has provided you with useful information, please consider making a donation to USGenNet to help keep sites like this online.

NOTICE: The Combs-Coombs &c. Research Group is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and complies fully with USGenNet's Conditions of Use. This Combs &c. Research Report has been provided for the free use of those engaged in non-commercial genealogical research by the nonprofit Combs Research Group. Any and all commercial use is strictly prohibited. Researchers are encouraged to copy and distribute this work freely, but with the proviso that it may only be copied and circulated in its entirety -- including this notice, and all sources, bibliographies and credits; and excepting electronically in which case permission is freely granted to link to this site instead. Sincerely, The Combs &c Research Group, Email: Webmaster.

© 1996-2010 Combs-Coombs &c. Research Group