This Web Site is Generously Hosted by
We Support Free Nonprofit Genealogy and History on the Internet
|Combs &c. Families|
of Ouachita Parish, LA
Europeans first arrived in the area in 1785 when Fort Miro was built on the banks of the Ouachita (pronounced WASH uh tah) River. [Oauchita was the name of one of the Caddo Indian tribes.] Ouachita was one of the original 19 parishes under the Spanish government. In 1805 Fort Miro became a town. Today that town is the parish seat Monroe. From Ouachita were formed East Carroll, Richland, Lincoln, and Union Parishes.
7 Aug 1828 (Extracted by Combs Researcher Sharon Natoli from Louisiana Parish Records 1474-1912; Searchword: HAMILTON)
Ouachita Parish Marriage Records:
COMES, John & AMILTON, Marcelite
Notes: Orleans Parish Marriage records include COMES, John & AMILTON, Marcelite, dated 4 Aug 1828.
1850 Ouachita Parish, LA Census
(transcribed by Combs Researcher Debi Houser)
241/251 Lavicy L. COMBS 33 F MS
Sarah ?ELBERT? 20 F MS
Return To Combs &c. Families of Louisiana
Join Combs &c. in Support of USGenNet
— an IRS-approved nonprofit web-hosting service —
This site is hosted by USGenNet, a nonprofit web-hosting service solely supported by tax-deductible donations. If this website has provided you with useful information, please consider making a donation to USGenNet to help keep sites like this online.
NOTICE: The Combs-Coombs &c. Research Group is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and complies fully with USGenNet's Conditions of Use. This Combs &c. Research Report has been provided for the free use of those engaged in non-commercial genealogical research by the nonprofit Combs Research Group. Any and all commercial use is strictly prohibited. Researchers are encouraged to copy and distribute this work freely, but with the proviso that it may only be copied and circulated in its entirety -- including this notice, and all sources, bibliographies and credits; and excepting electronically in which case permission is freely granted to link to this site instead. Sincerely, The Combs &c Research Group, Email: Webmaster.
© 1996-2010 Combs-Coombs &c. Research Group